March was a pretty slow month for me, wedding wise. I made our ring bearer pillow and picked out the flower girl dress, but that's about it.
Now.. April is a whole different beast. My April (and going into May) is JAM PACKED! Here's what is going to get accomplished this month in my life in no particular order:
- I'm working my first wedding at my internship this Saturday (12:30-Midnight)!
- I work at the office of my internship once a week during the week. I can pick and choose the weekends I work weddings, but this month I'm only working the one this weekend.. you'll see why.
- Our engagement pictures are a week from Sunday (the 10th) so expect to see some pictures about two weeks after that. (Also.. please cross your fingers that the shirt I ordered to wear will be here in time!) This is about a 2 1/2 hour drive both ways.
- April 17th- We have our first marriage counseling class back in our hometown (hello 90min drive both ways!)
- We're going to finish up the last few of our save the dates this month and get those puppies out into the world.
- April 24th is Easter and we have to make ANOTHER 90min (both ways) trip to spend Easter with Derrick's family.
- We're going to finish up our wedding website (I'm waiting on our engagement pics to use).
- We're actually going to start working on some of the invitation assembly (the design was mostly finished yesterday and it's inspired from Mrs Meerkat on Weddingbee.)
- The bridesmaids dress measurements are due this month (today to be exact, lol.)
- My dress SHOULD be finished this month (or early next month).
- I'm talking with a florist to get some price quotes as well.
Stay tuned, my blog will probably be popping this month!
And because no one likes to read a blog post without pictures (LOL!).. Here is a SNEAK PEAK at our invitation design:
LOL.. Sorry, it's like a quarter part of a piece of it and it's missing a big piece that hasn't been added yet. BUT.. you'll get to see these beauties after they get kicked out of the nest (probably sometime in September!)