Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cake Stand Inspiration

 I found an awesome picture of a cake stand on the internet and set out to find out how I could do it myself and make it my own.




It really isn't that complicated and I wanted to share with you all what I plan on doing in case it inspires any of you!

All you need is a piece of plexiglass a little bit bigger than the base of your cake and also some square vases. I plan on getting these little 2-3inch square ones I found at the Dollar Tree for $1 each. I think we are going to use about 12 for our cake due to the size (the bottom tier is 16 inches).


In addition to that, we are purchasing some LED ice cubes that can either stay one color or slowly change colors and put them in the vases. I think it would look really neat and totally add some pizazz to the cake table! A cake base that slowly changes color? Yes, please!

What are you all using as your cake stand?


4 comments:

  1. That is so neat! What a great DIY project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the floating cake look! It seems pretty simple too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool how diffrent is that! We're having like a wire one for cupcakes and it just makes you want to pick one off the stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I'm saving it in my inspiration folder - this is my favorite cake stand I've seen yet!

    ReplyDelete