Monday, October 18, 2010

Style Me Pretty- Wedding Dress Edition

After a snafu with a previous wedding dress that I had gotten from a friend, I set out on a quest to find a new one. I came across a Maggie Sottero dress that was GORGEOUS and just what I wanted, but it was totally out of the price range and there were little things I didn't like about it.

I quickly threw it to the back of my mind, but couldn't stop thinking about it.

What did I do?

I looked at getting it custom made after I had read a post from another bride about how custom made gowns really aren't that expensive. I got contacted by a VERY talented seamstress who said she would have no problem what so ever to replicate this dress with the changes that I wanted. Not only that, but she's also making a tiffany blue petticoat for me to wear under the dress (YES!).

Without further ado... my wedding dress (with the model of course, not me.. mine will be in in April!)

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE DRESS!!


I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted the bow. So the seamstress is going to makeit removable! If I like it, I'll wear the bow to the ceremony and take it off during the reception. This is what it will look like with the bow.

Full length view with the bow (I'm thinking of asking for it with no train).

Back of the dress. Except, she's going to make the corset back higher for me. I feel like that corset back in the picture is super duper low and I would feel more comfortable if it set where normal corsets sit, which is right below the shoulder blades.

This is what my dress will look like when I take the bow off.

Full length view without the bow attached.

With those few changes... this is definitely my dream dress! I've even did a big bridal no-no and looked at other dresses, but none of them compare in my mind.

5 comments:

  1. I like it with the bow, but I REALLY like it without the bow. That little crystal detail near the shoulder is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you!! I like it both ways, too, that's why I asked to have it detachable so I could make my mind up or have the best of two worlds! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress! This was actually one of the first dresses I tried on. How awesome that you are able to get it made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! That dress is absolutely gorgeous!! I like it without the bow, but its awesome that your going to have the option of it.

    I can't wait to see your dress once it's complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!!

    Some days I really like it with the bow and some days I don't.. so I'd rather be safe than sorry about it. A bow fits my personality, so... I'll eventually make my mind up! lol!

    I may ask to make the bow just a tad bit smaller, though.. I think it's a little large.

    ReplyDelete