Monday, October 11, 2010

Here Comes the... Blog?

What is there to say about 22 month long engagements besides that it is a lot of time? A LOTTT of time. Nearing 13 months until our wedding, I decided it was time to start a blog. I found so much inspiration from reading other brides to be blogs and I figured if I can be that kind of inspiration to at least one other person, then it's worth it.

 I put my heart into everything I do, but yet at times have no clue what I'm doing. After spending the last 9 months of our engagement probably boring countless friends and family to tears with wedding details and ideas, I will turn to my trusty blog. I am going to document my journey into weight loss (it's not just for the wedding, it's a lifestyle change), my diy projects (fails and all) and just life in general. I'm an avid DIY-er so there isn't much that I'm not going to or willing to try.

As for the weight loss, I'm going to use this blog (and any followers) to hold me accountable. I need to get healthy and it's time to stop making excuses. On October 12 (yep.. 13 months before the wedding), I'm going to be giving up pop and fast food completely for an entire year and then in VERY limited quantities after. I will also be exercising 5x a week and watching my diet.

So, please, feel free to pull up a seat and join me on this journey of tears, sweat, laughter and joy. It's sure to be a good, but bumpy, time. =)

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog on weddingbee. It's cool to find someone blogging as early out as I am. I'm hoping my blog keeps me accountable for my fitness goals as well. I'm an 11.11.11 bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss! It's a struggle for a lot of us! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following along as well!

    ReplyDelete