Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bridesmaid Dress Drama

Yesterday was a VERY stressful and frustrating day. We had a meeting with our priest and he pretty much nixed all the awesome personal touches I wanted to put on the wedding. I was really upset about it at first, but I just have to keep telling myself that it's just 30 mins of the whole day and I can give up a few things. Frustrating? Yes. Can I change it? No.

Also, we're a little more than 2 months away from the wedding and you want to know what I did? I cancelled my custom made bridesmaids dresses. Why? Well, they were suppose to ship out 1 1/2 weeks ago and due to some measurement problems, they weren't done and it wasn't looking like they would be here in time. So, I risked canceling them and I crossed my fingers that I still had enough time to order from somewhere else. 

I went to David's Bridal yesterday with one of my sisters and my junior bridesmaids to try on some dresses. My very first a FAVORITE choice we ended up nixing because we felt like it would be too short on some of the bridesmaids. Frustrating? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely. I want my bridesmaids to feel comfortable in what they are wearing.

So, we went with my second (and still fabulous) choice:

(Screen shot from David's Bridal)

It looked really good on the two girls that tried it on and I'm going with 2 other bridesmaids on Sunday to order. As for the other 2 bridesmaids... one is going in tomorrow and the other on Monday. The dresses should be in no later than the VERY beginning of November (I think they said November 2nd last night) and they said they almost always come in early. So yeah, we're cutting it absolutely close.. but, there was nothing I could do.

I also bought my undergarments for my wedding dress yesterday (some spanx and a long line bra) for my first fitting on Sunday. (whew.. we spent WAY too much money yesterday). Busy busy busy.. I can't believe it's getting so close! There was also some other frustrating/stressful things from yesterday, but we'll leave those out of the blog.. for now at least.

We're also mailing our invites out within the next week and then I'll be sharing the awesomeness that was months in the making, lol.



4 comments:

  1. That sucks! I'm a little afraid of the officiant meeting too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that things are so stressful. We are having a Catholic wedding so I pretty much new from the beginning that I wasn't going to be able to add anything to the ceremony so I have been throwing everything into the reception. I hope that your dresses get here in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Megan- My fiance is Catholic and I'm not, but it was important for him to be married in the Catholic Church. Since I'm not Catholic, we aren't having a mass and communion so I thought we could personalize it some. Sand ceremony instead of unity candle? Nope. A two sentence saying about the engagement ring right after the exchange of the rings? Nope. *sighs* It'll be okay, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about the priest nixing some of your ideas - you're right it's just 30 minutes. You'll find plenty of ways to add your personal touches to the rest of the day. Stress is normal and par for the course..good luck, so close!!

    ReplyDelete